Wednesday, March 28, 2012

This module has helped me think about self-directed learners and the role of differentiation in the following ways.....

If I have students that are accelerating at a rapid pace and others that are struggling academically, I should meet their needs by differentiating their instruction. In order to provide a successful classroom for my students, I need to take the time to research various teaching strategies, as well as researching ways I can accommodate them through tools, techniques, etc. I have learned that I do not have to come up with extra projects or longer assignment to challenge my gifted/talented students. Instead, I can model and coach them, allow them more time to develop a complex idea or thought, and offer them several choices on how they could present their research to me. I can also guide them in their time management, goals, and flow of their projects. I can offer special needs and nonnative speaking students a variety of tools (hardware and software) that will help them with their reading, speaking, and comprehension. I can offer a variety of materials for these students through a classroom website, so that students and parents can access materials at any time. If I can be more flexible in my teaching strategies, and provide alternative assessments to my students, I can help them be successful no matter the learning level.

No comments:

Post a Comment