Monday, February 27, 2012

This module has helped me think about the impact of the internet on my students’ learning in the following ways:

I think that my students' learning is impacted by the internet in that it provides them with many resources in one place. They can research, find examples, compare items, order materials, etc. Since most of the students today are computer savvy, and have access to a computer at home, at school, at a public library, etc., the internet provides opportunities for them to learn content, study, and have some fun doing it.

There are many tools out there for students to use, and new ones are coming out everyday. As teachers, we should embrace it and use it as an extension of our classroom beyond its four walls. The internet is definitely here to stay. We don't necessarily have to use it everyday, but we do need to be responsible in how we use it and when we use it. Teachers should be aware that there is false information, distractions with popups and inappropriate websites. I plan to utilize the tools on the internet into my classroom when it is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment